Ideal Protein Rotini – Tomato, Spinach, Mushroom Rotini
- 2 Ideal Protein Rotini packets
- 1 small can Stewed Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced Mushrooms
- 1/4 cup diced Onions
- 1tbsp chopped fresh Basil
- A small bunch of Fresh Spinach leaves
- Sea salt and Pepper to taste.
- Cook Pasta for 12-15 miuntes
- In small skillet add olive oil on medium heat, add in mushrooms, onions and spinach leaves, cook and stir until mushrooms and spinach are tender, add stewed tomatoes and basil simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Drain and add Pasta, pan toss to coat Pasta.
Recipe courtesy Food Network Magazine –
MODIFIED FOR IDEAL PROTEIN PHASES 1-4
Prep Time: 5 min
Prep Time: — Cook Time:30 min
- 1. Split 2 medium zucchini and scoop out the seeds; season with salt.
- 1/3 cup crushed White Cheddar Ridges
- 1 chopped tomato (small or 4 cherry tomatoes)
- 1/4 cup mixed chopped parsley and dill
- 1 minced garlic clove
- Combine crushed White Cheddar Crisps, tomato, herbs, 1 minced garlic clove, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle cheddar in the hollow of the zucchini then spoon the tomato herb mixture into the zucchini; drizzle with olive oil. Bake at 425 degrees F, 25 to 30 minutes.
Go Veggie Pepper Jack or Mozzarella
Substitute: BBQ Ridges or Southwest Cheese Curls
Sesame Ginger Chicken Skewers(Phases 1-4)
- Cut Chicken Breast into strips
- Marinate with Walden Farms Sesame Ginger Dressing.
- Add on Skewer and grill to your liking.
Chicken Francais – (Phases 1-4)
- 2 Chicken Breasts cut into 2 inch strips
- 1 packet of Ideal Protein Crepe/Pancake Mix
- 1 egg
- 1 Lemon
- 1-2 cups of Pacific Chicken Broth
- 3-4 garlic cloves chopped fine
- 1/2 lemon
- chopped Parsley
- Olive oil Spray
- 2tsp Olive oil
- Preheat Oven to 300°F
- Dip chicken in egg, and then flour with IP Crepe Mix (you can shake in a bag or coat in a bowl.
- Brown chicken then place in chicken broth/lemonand garlic in a caserole dish place in oven, bake on 300 for 20 mins. for strips, 40 mins, for whole breast.
Crab Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms -(Phases 1-4)
- 1lb. Dungeness crab meat.
- 5 medium portabella mushrooms
- 12 oz bag of spinach
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 shallot
- 1/2 bunch of chives
- 1/2 bunch of tarragon
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- Chili flakes
- Splash of lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Gently remove the stem of 4 of the mushrooms (you need to keep the mushroom in one piece). Finely chop
- or puree in cuisinart the remaining mushroom. In a large sauté pan on medium heat, sauté shallot, garlic,
- Bell pepper for 5 minutes until soft add chopped mushroom and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until water is evaporated. Add the bag of spinach and cook until just wilted. Set aside to cool.
- In food processor, add cooled vegetable mixture. Puree until smooth. Add sea salt, pepper, lemon juice and chili flakes. Taste for seasoning. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Add crab, chives and tarragon.
- Taste for seasoning. Fill each mushroom cap generously with filling and place on a rimmed cookie sheet.
- Fill rimmed cookie sheet with 1/2 cup of water and bake for 20 minutes.
*Serving size, 4.
Chimichurri Sauce -(Phases 1-4)
Traditional Argentinean sauce
Typically used to accompany grilled meat. There are several variations so play around with ingredients to suit your taste.
Serve with Flank steak, grilled fish, grilled chicken or roasted asparagus and red peppers.
Can also be used as dip with veggies like Cucumbers, Celery, Califlower, red orange or yellow peppers. (All Phase 1 veggies)
- 1 bunch of Cilantro
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2-3 Limes (zest and juice)
- Hot Chillies – fresh serranos or dried pepper flakes or sweet red peppers.
- Sea salt
- Olive oil – drizzle
In a blender or food processor, chop the cilantro and parsley, Add garlic, chilis, red pepper, lime juice and a drizzle of olive oil.
Blend until the consistancy of chunky tomato paste, salt to taste.
Chicken Chop Salad -(Phases 1-4)
- 1 Chicken Breast, grilled or broiled
- Crisp Romain Lettuce
- Tomato, Chopped Red Cabbage, Cucumber, Green Pepper, Onion and Celery.
Served with Lemon wedge & Olive Oil with Italian herbs.
Spinach Salad -(Phases 1-4)
- Fresh Spinach
- Roasted red pepper
- 1 whole hard boiled egg
- Sliced mushrooms
Try with Sweet Dijon Dressing
Veggie Cheese Omlette -(Phases 1-4)
- One packet of Ideal Protein plain omelet or Fine Herb Omelet
- One whole egg or make with two whole eggs.
- 1/4 Cup Veggie Shreds (cheese substitute)
- 1/2 cup – 1 cup Chopped Vegeatables.
- Sauted Mushrooms, Bell Peppers, Onions, Spinach.
*Two whole eggs counts for one full serving of lean protein.
Homemade Spaghetti Meat Sauce -(Phases 1-4)
- 1 pound 90% lean ground beef or ground turkey
8 large tomatoes
1 medium onion, chopped
1 small green pepper, chopped
2 Tablespoons minced garlic or 2 cloves, crushed and chopped Or Garlic Powder(start with 1 tablespoon and add what you like for taste)
2 Tablespoons Italian seasoning
¼ tsp Red pepper flakes
½ cup water
(optional) chopped Mushrooms
Brown turkey or lean ground beef, add garlic powder while cooking meat for more flavorful sauce, drain off any fat, add all vegetables and water, except tomatoes. Cook on low with lid until vegetables are cooked through.
In a magic bullet or blender, puree 6 of the tomatoes, add the Italian seasoning, garlic, red pepper flakes, and give it another little whirl. You need to boil this for about 20 minutes and skim off the water and froth. Pour into cooked ground turkey or ground beef mixture, turn on low heat. Chop remaining 2 tomatoes however small or large you like your chunks in sauce, add to mixture and simmer on low for 20-30 minutes. Makes 4-6 cups of sauce. Can freeze leftovers for later use.
Turkey or Chicken Meatballs
- 2 lbs ground Turkey or ground Chicken
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Dried Thyme
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder or 3 finely chopped Garlic Cloves
- 3-4 Green Onions
- 2 Finely Chopped Celery Stalks
- 3 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
*Finely chopped mushrooms can be added if desired
Bake at 350°F for 40-50 minutes
6 meatballs = One Portion of recommended lean protein serving.