What is the Cost of the Ideal Protein Diet?

One of the first questions to come up whenever I’m discussing the Ideal Protein weight loss program with someone in our clinic is, “What does the Ideal Protein diet cost?” Many people are afraid they can’t afford it, but like most things in life, you have to weigh the costs versus the benefits. The Ideal Protein Weight Loss Program cost will typically replace a lot of the foods you are currently eating.

Let’s break down the Ideal Protein diet plan costs, shall we?

Ideal Protein Price for Food

During Phase 1 of the Ideal Protein diet, you’ll eat three Ideal Protein diet foods per day. The Ideal Protein price for food is $4 to $5 per packet/meal. The prices of some are higher. Some are lower, so let’s use $13 per day. Therefore, in Phase 1, you’ll eat three Ideal Protein foods per day and spend an average of $92 per week for your meals.

Ideal Protein Supplements Costs

Along with the Ideal Protein foods, you need to factor in the cost of Ideal Protein supplements. These are important for supporting your weight loss, and will be purchased once per month. The Multi-vitamin is sixty capsules for $30.10. The Calcium-Magnesium supplement contains 120 capsules and costs $24, the Omega 3s are $31, and a two-month supply of Potassium is $13.

The Cost of the Ideal Protein Diet is Affordable

The weekly cost of the Ideal Protein diet in Phase 1 is $85 to $95 dollars. “Ouch!” you might say. “I can’t afford that.” But you can, and here’s how. Before I started on the Ideal Protein diet, I had a lot of bad eating habits. Let’s face it; we don’t let ourselves become obese by being calorie and health-conscious.

The Ideal Protein Price vs. My Morning Latte

Before I started the Ideal Protein diet protocol, I used to stop by Starbucks at least three to four times per week. I would get a grande, non-fat, caramel macchiato and a breakfast sandwich, usually the Bacon Artisan Breakfast Sandwich. I was buying non-fat, because, you know, I was trying to be healthy. My coffee was costing me $4.35 each time I went, however, and the sandwich was $3.45. That was a total of $7.80 plus tax per visit. That’s roughly the cost of two Ideal Protein meals per visit. I had to make a choice. Would I choose two Ideal Protein meals or the instant gratification of my morning breakfast habit, which was costing me approximately $25 to $30 per week?

The Ideal Protein Price vs. Pizza Delivery

It occurred to me the other day that I haven’t ordered pizza in a long, long time. Before I started the Ideal Protein diet, I used to order pizza to be delivered to my house about once per week, and I wouldn’t just get the pizza. Oh no. I had to use the coupon for the free order of cheese sticks, a 2-liter of Coke, and, sometimes, a desert. The total, with tip, was usually right in the $45 range. Now, maybe pizza’s not your thing, but I bet you have some meal that’s your go-to on days when you come home from work feeling too tired to cook. What does it cost you? It doesn’t matter whether you’re ordering in or going out for pizza, Chinese food, or Thai curries, there are costs associated with that meal. How much does that meal cost you financially? How much is it costing you physically? Again, you have to choose. Will you spend $45 toward a week’s worth of Ideal Protein foods or buy that pizza?

The Ideal Protein Price vs. Happy Hour

Ok, I know. Giving up Happy Hour may be where some people draw the line, but you cannot drink when you’re on the Ideal Protein program. You can still go socialize with your friends after work, but you’ll be drinking sparkling water with a twist of lime. If you’re ordering the house liquor, Happy Hour cocktails run about $5-$7 each. Head to a popular, up-scale establishment, and they can be as much as $15 a pop. Once you’re at the bar, what are the chances that you’ll have just one? That’s what I thought. Let’s say you have two. If you go out one night per week, that’s about $30. Bars rarely charge you for water. Eliminate any alcohol you drink throughout the week, and you’ve just found more money towards the cost of the Ideal Protein Diet.

As you can see, simply by eliminating or modifying some of your current food choices, the cost of the Ideal Protein diet becomes affordable.

Overall Ideal Protein Weight Loss Program Cost

Phase 1

Phase One is where the Ideal Weight Loss Program costs the most. This is the phase where you will lose all of the weight. There is a $399 fee to get started on the program, which includes your initial consultation, full body composition analysis, full body measurements, 25 Ideal Protein meals, all of the supplements, and Ideal Protein blender bottle, 2 oz. Real Salt sea salt shaker and reusable eco-friendly IP tote bag. The ongoing food cost is then approximately $100 per week.

Phase 2

Phase Two of the Ideal Protein Weight Loss Program costs approximately $80 per week. This phase only lasts two weeks, and during Phase Two, you will eat two packets of Ideal Protein food per day.

Phase 3

Finally, in Phase Three you’ll continue transitioning off of the Ideal Protein Diet protocol. This phase also lasts two weeks, and the protein packets are reduced to one per day.

If you still have questions about the Ideal Protein Diet Plan cost, give us a call 425-791-2712  or email us at and make an appointment to get your questions answered. We’d love to help you take those pounds off. If you live outside our service area - please check the Ideal Protein website for a clinic near you.

Comments: 100
  • #100

Tammy Benner (Thursday, 15 March 2018 18:39)

I'm sure you rocked it Denise! Trust the process!

• #99

Denise Stout (Thursday, 15 March 2018 18:04)

I go for my one week check in so I will ask about the price difference. I did see an ad for my location that advertised the $50 discount after attending a meeting. I will ask why I didn’t receive that. Excited to see how I have done after only 6 days of the program!

• #98

Tammy Benner (Wednesday, 14 March 2018 11:40)

We are always conservative with our estimates. Count on an average of 10lbs per month. I was 42 when I did the program and I lost 72lbs in 5 months.
    Good Luck!

• #97

Janet (Wednesday, 14 March 2018 07:46)

I have about 40 to 50 pounds to lose, what would be the approx time frame for this program? I am female 54 yrs old

• #96

Tammy Benner (Monday, 12 March 2018 18:03)

We all operate independently. Your clinic probably has different pricing.

• #95

Denise Stout (Monday, 12 March 2018 17:52)

I just started the program and was charged $428 instead of $399. Plus I had attended a pre/view class in advance. Why the price difference?

• #94

Tammy Benner (Monday, 12 March 2018 17:27)

Part of the IP Protocol is education that teaches you how to eat long term so that you don't regain your weight. You do not need to eat the packets for life. Some people choose to supplement their maintenance protocol with IP foods for convenience, or to have a healthy sweet or savory treat. Packets range from 80-220 calories each.

• #93

Dana Lili (Monday, 12 March 2018 17:17)

Won't I put the weight back on after finishing all four phases? If eating the ideal protein meals is what leads to the weight loss, doesn't that mean I have to eat them for life? Also, how many calories on average does each pack have? Thanks so much! Dana

• #92

Tammy Benner (Monday, 05 March 2018 20:22)

As soon as you're finished nursing you can start the program.

• #91

Steph (Monday, 05 March 2018 18:12)

Hi, I'm currently in the process of weaning my 18month old from nursing. Would I be able to start this prior to him won't completely nursed.

• #90

Tammy Benner (Monday, 05 March 2018 13:16)

We offer a discount if you attend an Open House. They are every Monday at 6:30pm in Marysville, and every Wednesday at 6:30pm in Everett. Feel free to register here for either class. https://www.idealweightlossclinic.com/open-house-taste-talk/
    You can also private message me any questions at everettidealweightloss@gmail.com

• #89

Tammy Benner (Monday, 05 March 2018 13:14)

You would need permission from your oncologist to do Ideal Protein. Please private message me for more details. everettidealweightloss@gmail.com
    Good luck!

• #88

Chelle (Monday, 05 March 2018 11:08)

I am very interested in this program. However, the financial aspects are hard for me at this moment. Is it possible to be put on a payment plan to start or is the total $399 needed to start. Also, I read about a program that we can do to enroll and lower the start up cost. Is there a charge for that program and when are those held?

• #87

R. (Sunday, 04 March 2018 09:55)

Hi. I have 1/2 a thyroid and have hypothyroidism. I also have had breast cancer and am estrogen positive so I can't eat any estrogen producing foods such as sweet potatoes. Is this diet safe for me ?

• #86

Tammy Benner (Thursday, 15 February 2018 10:53)

Many of our foods are savory and have no artificial sweeteners. We have a mix of sweetening agents which include sugar alcohols, sucralose, and stevia. The products using stevia are designated with a label. Ideal Protein is releasing more stevia based products - it is VERY exciting for people with sucralose sensitivity!

• #85

Mary (Thursday, 15 February 2018 08:56)

Do they use artificial sweeteners?

• #84

JoAnn Torres (Monday, 08 January 2018 19:08)

I did Ideal Protein over almost 3 years ago. I lost 28 lbs in 2 months. Unfortunately, I was on and off of it after 2 months due to different reasons. (surgery, cruise, girls trip and Christmas- sorry I like to drink) I am back on it now because I did not put to use everything I learned from my coach. It has been less that a week and I have already lost 6 lbs. It is very reasonably priced. Worth doing!!!

• #83

Saha (Saturday, 14 October 2017 06:45)

Thank you so much for the comprehensive respond

• #82

Tammy Benner (Wednesday, 11 October 2017 20:16)

If you're normal body fat %, then 4 weeks should get you cleaned out and set. If you want to drop fat then 8 weeks to really reset your insulin receptors. The IP protocol is an alkaline diet as well - so it is great for your body to get your cells more healthy! Good Luck!

• #81

Saha (Wednesday, 11 October 2017 20:13)

Actually, I'm happy with my weight, but I like the idea of having accurate metabolism. I try not to have lots of carb during the day, however I like to learn more about healthy foods and better way of eating during the day. Do you think the ideal protein can be useful for me? If yes, how many weeks should I be in phase one to make sure my body works well?
    Thanks for helping me out�

• #80

Tammy Benner (Monday, 02 October 2017 17:38)

We have plenty of foods that do not contain soy, and you are welcome to come in and try them if you are located in our area. In addition, here is a helpful article about soy and cancer as it relates to IP soy products. Email me if you have any questions.

• #79

Jian (Monday, 02 October 2017 15:47)

I had breast cancer and was advised to stay away from soy. Can I find foods on this program that I can est

• #78

Tammy Benner (Wednesday, 06 September 2017 10:36)

Absolutely! You my find that the protocol will reduce your dependence on diabetic medication. Work closely with your doctor, and make sure the clinic you choose communicates with him/her. Sometimes your blood sugar can fall (because the protocol is very low sugar) and then you take your meds....your doctor may tell you to "drink an orange juice" which you CANNOT do on the protocol. So you need to have a plan in case that happens. Good Luck!

• #77

Frances (Tuesday, 05 September 2017 01:10)

I have type 2 diabetes, can I do ideal protein Diet.i need to lose about 25 pounds.

• #76

Tammy Benner (Monday, 10 July 2017 10:44)

Vegetarians yes, Vegans, no. One of my most successful dieters is a very strict vegetarian. She has lost 112lbs in 9 months!

• #75

Tammy Benner (Monday, 10 July 2017 10:40)

You advance to the next phase when you hit your weight loss goal!
    Good luck.

• #74

Maria (Sunday, 09 July 2017 23:52)

Can vegetarians do this diet plan?

• #73

Tiffany shaw (Saturday, 08 July 2017 18:09)

This was so helpful!! I definitely will be in contact soon to get started!! Thanks

• #72

betsy (Tuesday, 27 June 2017 13:56)

how do you know when you are ready to go to the next phase?

• #71

Tammy Benner (Wednesday, 22 March 2017 10:12)

Type ONE diabetics can do the diet - they do and alternative Phase 1 plan designed for Type Ones. Because the cost is food based, insurance doesn't cover it. You can use an HSA to pay coaching costs. Your provider needs to provide you a separate invoice for that.

I will say that most people find the diet doesn't cost them too much extra because you eat out less, and avoid expensive processed food that are bad for you.

Plus - you feel better, so you're so much more productive!

Good luck!

• #70

Keith (Monday, 20 March 2017 21:34)

I'm a type 1 diabetic and about 60 lbs overweight and was wondering about if insurance would cover any part of this? And do Drs. Recommend this diet for diabetics?

• #69

Tammy Benner (Wednesday, 22 February 2017 16:43)

Most of the costs are the food and supplements you are buying, so it's not possible to get the supplies for free to do a trial run. You do pay weekly, so you can stop at any time.

• #68

Holly (Tuesday, 21 February 2017 13:33)

Can you do the ideal weigh in for a month trial run? Because it is actually expensive for some people

• #67

Tammy Benner (Wednesday, 18 January 2017 12:55)

30/10 is not a fully ketogenic diet, so it doesn't target fat loss like Ideal Protein does. You have to pre-pay for the program (they are twice as expensive as us!) we allow you to go week-to-week. Ideal Protein knows our diet just works, so all of our corporate investment is on Stabilization and Maintenance. With that in mind, we let you come in and supplement with snacks when you finish with the diet phase even if you haven't hit your goal. Here at my clinic we do everything based on body fat %, and make recommendations for what you should weigh based on that, but ultimately it is your decision what your goal is, and we respect that. Finally, come to one of our classes or schedule a no-obligation consultation. You will see that all of our coaches have been through the program, and we're all about health and wellness, not closing the sale.

• #66

Keith (Tuesday, 17 January 2017 17:35)

I am thinking about looking at 3010. Take costs out. Why should I consider Ideal?

• #65

Tammy Benner (Wednesday, 07 December 2016 21:03)

It's $399 to start (unless you attend an Open House or bring a friend to the Initial Consult that also signs up then it's $50 off). The food bill is about $100 per week. Prices just went up Nov 1.

• #64

Cathy (Wednesday, 30 November 2016 20:08)

So it's 399 to join then 91 dollars a week is that so

• #63

Tammy Benner (Monday, 29 August 2016 17:48)

We go over the science of weight loss, and the Ideal Protein protocol. It takes 60-90 minutes depending on how many questions you have. To do body comp, we have a Type II medical scale with body composition. You stand on the machine barefoot (in my Everett office you also hold paddles) and it reads everything.

• #62

Jessica (Monday, 29 August 2016 14:19)

What happens at the consultation and how is the full body composition analysis done?

• #61

Tammy Benner (Monday, 25 July 2016 13:30)

The products travel really well! The pre-made drinks need to be in a checked bag, but otherwise you'll be good to go!
    Good Luck!

• #60

JenC (Saturday, 23 July 2016)

I would like to try this plan, but I have some travel for work coming up. Do the products travel well?

• #59

Tammy Benner (Monday, 18 July 2016 13:09)

Every clinic is different. We charge $399, unless you attend a Weight Loss Workshop when the price is $349. That includes your first week of food, supplements and your coaching for Phases 1-3.

Where are you located?

• #58

Pramod (Monday, 18 July 2016 12:24)

What is the total cost of the program and does it work for vegetarian also.

• #57

Tammy Benner (Thursday, 10 March 2016 10:03)

Great Question Nay!
    Phase 1 is until you hit your weight loss goal.
    Phase 2 - 2 weeks
    Phase 3 - 2 weeks
    Phase 4 - Stabilization and Maintenance is for life. We personally work with a dieter on a schedule for a whole YEAR after they finish. (No obligation to buy anything.) And you can continue to come in for as long as you like to have your body composition scanned!

• #56

Nay (Wednesday, 09 March 2016 18:19)

Hi how long does each phase last?

• #55

Tammy Benner (Wednesday, 30 December 2015 11:53)

In my clinic if you don't use Ideal Protein supplements you can't do the diet with me. Here's the reason --- not all vitamins are created equal. Mass produced vitamins have stabilizers and fillers that allow them to be on the shelf at Costco for months at a time. These additives can prohibit the absorption of the vitamins. This can affect your weight loss!

Ideal Protein vitamins are specifically made to supplement what is missing from our diet. They are made in small batches and shipped directly to us. Every batch is tested for heavy metals etc, and there are no stabilizers. If you put our multi-vitamin out on the desk, it will actually AGE! (This is a good thing!!!) This is also why the vitamins may be a bit more expensive than what you see in Rite Aid!

Plus your Rite Aid vitamins don't come with a coach to help you lose weight!

Look at it this way....let's say your clinic does let you use less expensive vitamins. Let's say you lose weight just a tiny bit slower because of it. AN EXTRA WEEK ON THE DIET IS ANOTHER $90! So do you want to take a chance and save $10-$15 on vitamins - only to spend another week or maybe more on the diet at a rate of $90 per week?

It's just NOT worth it!

• #54

sobst (Tuesday, 29 December 2015 23:47)

Do you need to use the ideal protien supplement when you are already using the exact same supplements eg. Calcium and Magnesium omega 3

• #53

Tammy Benner (Monday, 31 August 2015 10:27)

For prices in your service area, please use the clinic locator on the Ideal Protein web site. http://www.idealprotein.com/us/ideal_protein_clinic

• #52

Teresa (Sunday, 30 August 2015 11:19)

I am interested in the program and I live in tri citys wa .what's the cost to start here

• #51

Tammy Benner (Wednesday, 26 August 2015 11:14)

Dianne, Every clinic is different. We charge $399, I think $300 is inexpensive and may indicate a below-average clinic. Please email me what they're offering you for that price, and I'll give you some questions to "interview" them. Here is my email address everettidealweightloss@gmail.com

Clinic Locations