What is the Cost of the Ideal Protein Diet?

One of the first questions to come up whenever I’m discussing the Ideal Protein weight loss program with someone in our clinic is, “What does the Ideal Protein diet cost?” Many people are afraid they can’t afford it, but like most things in life, you have to weigh the costs versus the benefits. The Ideal Protein Weight Loss Program cost will typically replace a lot of the foods you are currently eating.

Let’s break down the Ideal Protein diet plan costs, shall we?

Ideal Protein Price for Food

During Phase 1 of the Ideal Protein diet, you’ll eat three Ideal Protein diet foods per day. The Ideal Protein price for food is $4 to $5 per packet/meal. The prices of some are higher. Some are lower, so let’s use $13 per day. Therefore, in Phase 1, you’ll eat three Ideal Protein foods per day and spend an average of $92 per week for your meals.

Ideal Protein Supplements Costs

Along with the Ideal Protein foods, you need to factor in the cost of Ideal Protein supplements. These are important for supporting your weight loss, and will be purchased once per month. The Multi-vitamin is sixty capsules for $30.10. The Calcium-Magnesium supplement contains 120 capsules and costs $24, the Omega 3s are $31, and a two-month supply of Potassium is $13.

The Cost of the Ideal Protein Diet is Affordable

The weekly cost of the Ideal Protein diet in Phase 1 is $85 to $95 dollars. “Ouch!” you might say. “I can’t afford that.” But you can, and here’s how. Before I started on the Ideal Protein diet, I had a lot of bad eating habits. Let’s face it; we don’t let ourselves become obese by being calorie and health-conscious.

The Ideal Protein Price vs. My Morning Latte

Before I started the Ideal Protein diet protocol, I used to stop by Starbucks at least three to four times per week. I would get a grande, non-fat, caramel macchiato and a breakfast sandwich, usually the Bacon Artisan Breakfast Sandwich. I was buying non-fat, because, you know, I was trying to be healthy. My coffee was costing me $4.35 each time I went, however, and the sandwich was $3.45. That was a total of $7.80 plus tax per visit. That’s roughly the cost of two Ideal Protein meals per visit. I had to make a choice. Would I choose two Ideal Protein meals or the instant gratification of my morning breakfast habit, which was costing me approximately $25 to $30 per week?

The Ideal Protein Price vs. Pizza Delivery

It occurred to me the other day that I haven’t ordered pizza in a long, long time. Before I started the Ideal Protein diet, I used to order pizza to be delivered to my house about once per week, and I wouldn’t just get the pizza. Oh no. I had to use the coupon for the free order of cheese sticks, a 2-liter of Coke, and, sometimes, a desert. The total, with tip, was usually right in the $45 range. Now, maybe pizza’s not your thing, but I bet you have some meal that’s your go-to on days when you come home from work feeling too tired to cook. What does it cost you? It doesn’t matter whether you’re ordering in or going out for pizza, Chinese food, or Thai curries, there are costs associated with that meal. How much does that meal cost you financially? How much is it costing you physically? Again, you have to choose. Will you spend $45 toward a week’s worth of Ideal Protein foods or buy that pizza?

The Ideal Protein Price vs. Happy Hour

Ok, I know. Giving up Happy Hour may be where some people draw the line, but you cannot drink when you’re on the Ideal Protein program. You can still go socialize with your friends after work, but you’ll be drinking sparkling water with a twist of lime. If you’re ordering the house liquor, Happy Hour cocktails run about $5-$7 each. Head to a popular, up-scale establishment, and they can be as much as $15 a pop. Once you’re at the bar, what are the chances that you’ll have just one? That’s what I thought. Let’s say you have two. If you go out one night per week, that’s about $30. Bars rarely charge you for water. Eliminate any alcohol you drink throughout the week, and you’ve just found more money towards the cost of the Ideal Protein Diet.

As you can see, simply by eliminating or modifying some of your current food choices, the cost of the Ideal Protein diet becomes affordable.

Overall Ideal Protein Weight Loss Program Cost

Phase 1

Phase One is where the Ideal Weight Loss Program costs the most. This is the phase where you will lose all of the weight. There is a $399 fee to get started on the program, which includes your initial consultation, full body composition analysis, full body measurements, 25 Ideal Protein meals, all of the supplements, and Ideal Protein blender bottle, 2 oz. Real Salt sea salt shaker and reusable eco-friendly IP tote bag. The ongoing food cost is then approximately $100 per week.

Phase 2

Phase Two of the Ideal Protein Weight Loss Program costs approximately $80 per week. This phase only lasts two weeks, and during Phase Two, you will eat two packets of Ideal Protein food per day.

Phase 3

Finally, in Phase Three you’ll continue transitioning off of the Ideal Protein Diet protocol. This phase also lasts two weeks, and the protein packets are reduced to one per day.

Questions?

If you still have questions about the Ideal Protein Diet Plan cost, give us a call 425-791-2712  or email us at and make an appointment to get your questions answered. We’d love to help you take those pounds off. If you live outside our service area - please check the Ideal Protein website for a clinic near you.

Comments: 71
  • #71

Tammy Benner (Wednesday, 22 March 2017 10:12)

Keith,
    Type ONE diabetics can do the diet - they do and alternative Phase 1 plan designed for Type Ones. Because the cost is food based, insurance doesn't cover it. You can use an HSA to pay coaching costs. Your provider needs to provide you a separate invoice for that.

I will say that most people find the diet doesn't cost them too much extra because you eat out less, and avoid expensive processed food that are bad for you.

Plus - you feel better, so you're so much more productive!

Good luck!

• #70

Keith (Monday, 20 March 2017 21:34)

I'm a type 1 diabetic and about 60 lbs overweight and was wondering about if insurance would cover any part of this? And do Drs. Recommend this diet for diabetics?

• #69

Tammy Benner (Wednesday, 22 February 2017 16:43)

Holly,

Most of the costs are the food and supplements you are buying, so it's not possible to get the supplies for free to do a trial run. You do pay weekly, so you can stop at any time.

Tammy

• #68

Holly (Tuesday, 21 February 2017 13:33)

Can you do the ideal weigh in for a month trial run? Because it is actually expensive for some people

• #67

Tammy Benner (Wednesday, 18 January 2017 12:55)

Keith,

30/10 is not a fully ketogenic diet, so it doesn't target fat loss like Ideal Protein does. You have to pre-pay for the program (they are twice as expensive as us!) we allow you to go week-to-week. Ideal Protein knows our diet just works, so all of our corporate investment is on Stabilization and Maintenance. With that in mind, we let you come in and supplement with snacks when you finish with the diet phase even if you haven't hit your goal. Here at my clinic we do everything based on body fat %, and make recommendations for what you should weigh based on that, but ultimately it is your decision what your goal is, and we respect that. Finally, come to one of our classes or schedule a no-obligation consultation. You will see that all of our coaches have been through the program, and we're all about health and wellness, not closing the sale.

• #66

Keith (Tuesday, 17 January 2017 17:35)

I am thinking about looking at 3010. Take costs out. Why should I consider Ideal?

• #65

Tammy Benner (Wednesday, 07 December 2016 21:03)

It's $399 to start (unless you attend an Open House or bring a friend to the Initial Consult that also signs up then it's $50 off). The food bill is about $100 per week. Prices just went up Nov 1.

• #64

Cathy (Wednesday, 30 November 2016 20:08)

So it's 399 to join then 91 dollars a week is that so

• #63

Tammy Benner (Monday, 29 August 2016 17:48)

Jessica,
    We go over the science of weight loss, and the Ideal Protein protocol. It takes 60-90 minutes depending on how many questions you have. To do body comp, we have a Type II medical scale with body composition. You stand on the machine barefoot (in my Everett office you also hold paddles) and it reads everything.

Tammy

• #62

Jessica (Monday, 29 August 2016 14:19)

What happens at the consultation and how is the full body composition analysis done?

• #61

Tammy Benner (Monday, 25 July 2016 13:30)

JenC,
    The products travel really well! The pre-made drinks need to be in a checked bag, but otherwise you'll be good to go!
    Good Luck!
    Tammy

• #60

JenC (Saturday, 23 July 2016)

I would like to try this plan, but I have some travel for work coming up. Do the products travel well?

• #59

Tammy Benner (Monday, 18 July 2016 13:09)

Pramod,
    Every clinic is different. We charge $399, unless you attend a Weight Loss Workshop when the price is $349. That includes your first week of food, supplements and your coaching for Phases 1-3.

Where are you located?
    Tammy

• #58

Pramod (Monday, 18 July 2016 12:24)

What is the total cost of the program and does it work for vegetarian also.

• #57

Tammy Benner (Thursday, 10 March 2016 10:03)

Great Question Nay!
    Phase 1 is until you hit your weight loss goal.
    Phase 2 - 2 weeks
    Phase 3 - 2 weeks
    Phase 4 - Stabilization and Maintenance is for life. We personally work with a dieter on a schedule for a whole YEAR after they finish. (No obligation to buy anything.) And you can continue to come in for as long as you like to have your body composition scanned!

• #56

Nay (Wednesday, 09 March 2016 18:19)

Hi how long does each phase last?

• #55

Tammy Benner (Wednesday, 30 December 2015 11:53)

Sobst,
    In my clinic if you don't use Ideal Protein supplements you can't do the diet with me. Here's the reason --- not all vitamins are created equal. Mass produced vitamins have stabilizers and fillers that allow them to be on the shelf at Costco for months at a time. These additives can prohibit the absorption of the vitamins. This can affect your weight loss!

Ideal Protein vitamins are specifically made to supplement what is missing from our diet. They are made in small batches and shipped directly to us. Every batch is tested for heavy metals etc, and there are no stabilizers. If you put our multi-vitamin out on the desk, it will actually AGE! (This is a good thing!!!) This is also why the vitamins may be a bit more expensive than what you see in Rite Aid!

Plus your Rite Aid vitamins don't come with a coach to help you lose weight!

Look at it this way....let's say your clinic does let you use less expensive vitamins. Let's say you lose weight just a tiny bit slower because of it. AN EXTRA WEEK ON THE DIET IS ANOTHER $90! So do you want to take a chance and save $10-$15 on vitamins - only to spend another week or maybe more on the diet at a rate of $90 per week?

It's just NOT worth it!

Tammy

• #54

sobst (Tuesday, 29 December 2015 23:47)

Do you need to use the ideal protien supplement when you are already using the exact same supplements eg. Calcium and Magnesium omega 3

• #53

Tammy Benner (Monday, 31 August 2015 10:27)

For prices in your service area, please use the clinic locator on the Ideal Protein web site. http://www.idealprotein.com/us/ideal_protein_clinic

• #52

Teresa (Sunday, 30 August 2015 11:19)

I am interested in the program and I live in tri citys wa .what's the cost to start here

• #51

Tammy Benner (Wednesday, 26 August 2015 11:14)

Dianne, Every clinic is different. We charge $399, I think $300 is inexpensive and may indicate a below-average clinic. Please email me what they're offering you for that price, and I'll give you some questions to "interview" them. Here is my email address everettidealweightloss@gmail.com

• #50

Dianne Elston (Wednesday, 26 August 2015 10:16)

What is cost up front i was told 300.00 dollars

• #49

Tammy Benner (Tuesday, 25 August 2015 19:54)

Dianne,
    Most clinics charge an up-front fee that includes one week of food, vitamins and the coaching fee. Then when you pick up your food weekly and weigh-in, the profits from the food help pay your coach. Some clinics charge a nominal per session fee, but we do not. We also say with our dieters and coach them for one year after they have completed the program to ensure they keep their weight off. Feel free to email me any other questions.
    Tammy

• #48

Dianne Elston (Tuesday, 25 August 2015 08:43)

does it cost money for one on one coaching

• #47

Tammy Benner (Monday, 24 August 2015 11:30)

Mary,
    Our sweetener is sucralose, so I'd find a clinic near you and ask them to test the foods and see how you feel. We have very little sucralose in our foods, but if you are very sensitive better to buy a few foods and see how you feel. Good Luck!

• #46

Mary (Saturday, 22 August 2015 12:15)

I am interested in your program. I live in Tolland, CT and have sensitivities to aspartame and sucralose. Please advise.
    Thanks,
    Mary

• #45

Tammy Benner (Tuesday, 18 August 2015 16:46)

Stephany, You are correct - you cannot out-exercise a bad eating plan. You CAN lose a lot of weight fairly quickly with a good eating plan. Ideal Protein is an excellent eating plan, it offers you predictable, repeatable and measurable results. There are only three reasons you don't lose weight on the plan - constipation, menstruation, or deviation. If you follow the plan exactly, you WILL lose the weight!

Good Luck!

• #44

Stephany (Tuesday, 18 August 2015 13:02)

I am regular exerciser... However my eating has been horrible. I go from eating really low calories then eating everything..... I know and have found you can't out exercise a bad eating plan....
    Do you think this can work for me?

• #43

Tammy Benner (Friday, 14 August 2015 12:45)

Candy,
    You can exercise, but it needs to be limited because your calorie intake will not support rigorous exercise. Fruit is not allowed because it is a food that PREVENTS you from losing weight.

I would suggest you take a look at this video, as it will describe how your metabolism works, and the role fruit (sugar) plays in preventing weight loss.

Good luck!

• #42

candy (Friday, 14 August 2015 09:07)

I have heard that you can't have fruit or exercise on this plan is that true

• #41

Tammy Benner (Monday, 03 August 2015 11:38)

Mary,
    We rarely see plateaus on this plan. If you stall, it is usually only for a week or two. We have some tools to make sure you keep losing so you get to your goal as quickly as possible!
    Tammy

• #40

Mary (Saturday, 01 August 2015 16:42)

If wanting to lose 60 lbs. ..does one hit a plateou somewhere in the middle and stop loosing weight? Or you havent seen these cases with ideal protein?

• #39

Tammy Benner (Thursday, 23 July 2015 11:41)

Dave, We do not charge a weekly consultation fee. AND, we do free consultations during maintenance as well! Tammy

• #38

Dave Weber (Wednesday, 22 July 2015 22:53)

The initial consultation fee is included in the $399. Do you charge a weekly consultation fee or is that included in the $95 for the food?

• #37

Tammy Benner (Wednesday, 22 July 2015 20:09)

Brenda, Did you try the clinic locator? For a clinic near you go to this web site. http://www.idealprotein.com/ca/ideal_protein_center
    You can email me your zip code and I can check for you. Tammy

• #36

Brenda Hanson (Wednesday, 22 July 2015 19:59)

I live in Minnesota and do not see a place that we can sign up for Ideal Protein. Is there anyway we can get these packets- products on line?

• #35

Tammy Benner (Wednesday, 22 July 2015 12:18)

Kassie,

As long as you aren't breastfeeding, this diet is an EXCELLENT way to get that baby weight off! There is an OB/GYN in Wenatchee, Wa that has and Ideal Protein clinic in their medical office for this very reason.

You'll love it.

Tammy

• #34

Tammy Benner (Wednesday, 22 July 2015 12:16)

Kathy,

We have plenty of dieters with thyroid issues - they still lose weight on our program! I've worked with 4 that have had Hashimoto's, and they all lost weight.

Tammy

• #33

KASSIE S (Tuesday, 21 July 2015 14:15)

I just had a baby, would this be a good program to shed 30 pounds? I am trying to get in the habbit of eating healthier. My father-in-law did this program and lost like 80 pounds. It kinda looked brutal lol but the hard work definitely pays off. It's been four months post partum, and I have a sit down job so it's very hard to keep my metabolism going. In all honestly, would this be a good program to lose 30 pounds? 30 pounds would make me back to my pre-pregnancy weight

• #32

Kathy Gifford (Tuesday, 21 July 2015 10:57)

I have Hashimoto's (Autoimmune Hypothyroid) Extremely slow metabolism. Will this protocol help with my symptoms?

• #31

Tammy Benner (Monday, 06 July 2015 17:27)

Dharma, it's not worth it to substitute vitamins. This is a comprehensive program - think of it as a puzzle. If a piece is missing, you don't see the whole picture. If a supplement is off just a bit, you won't get the results. An extra week on the diet using cheap supplements is far more expensive than the difference in price of your supplements vs Ideal Protein's. I don’t' let my dieters take cheap supplements - and your clinic shouldn’t' either. See this article for more details. http://www.idealweightlossclinic.com/2014/09/02/ideal-protein-supplements-you-don-t-want-to-do-without/

• #30

dharma (Sunday, 05 July 2015 21:38)

Do you have to take the clinics supplements or can you get your own to help keep the cost down and if you have 40lbs to loose roughly how long would that take?

• #29

Tammy Benner (Monday, 29 June 2015 20:12)

Everett and Marysville, Washington.

• #28

rebecca green (Sunday, 28 June 2015 04:47)

Where is this located?

• #27

Tammy Benner (Wednesday, 24 June 2015 22:14)

Stephanie,

You can definitely do the diet - it should help with your IBS symptoms!! You'll have to work with your clinic to pick out foods that have milk as an ingredient, so some of the premade drinks will be off limits.

That being said - when you clean out your diet with IP, you may find that you are less inclined to be lactose intolerant. I have a wheat intolerance, which goes away when I'm on the diet. Good luck!

• #26

Tammy Benner (Wednesday, 24 June 2015 22:11)

Jay,

This is the perfect diet for your Dad. He'll need his cardiologist's permission, but that should be no problem. My father-in-law is 73, and he lost 117lbs on this program, and no longer takes any of his hypertension or cholesterol meds, and he hasn't used his apnea machine since he's lost the weight! Good luck!

• #25

Jay (Wednesday, 24 June 2015 20:42)

I'm looking at this for my dad. He needs to lose about 80lbs. He has congestive heart failure, sleep apnea, and diabetes. Is this safe for him?

• #24

Stephanie (Wednesday, 24 June 2015 15:22)

Hello,

Would I be able to do ideal protein with IBS-C and lactose intolerance?
    Thanks

• #23

Tammy Benner (Thursday, 28 May 2015 16:33)

Ana,
    It is safe for you with Colitis. The $399 includes one week of food and the supplements for the first month. After that the food is approximately $95 per week (the lowest you can pay at my clinic is $90.30 per week). This is breakfast, lunch and snack - you still have to buy your veggies and protein for dinner.

Remember this comes out of your food budget - so I would suggest that you take a look at all of your $5 here, $8 there expenses, add them up and see where you stand weekly.

In addition, since you are shopping on the outside of the store - meat, veggies and eggs, your grocery bill should drop too!

Vitamins run $98 per month.

This is an investment in your health - it is WORTH it. Women with a BMI over 30 (if you have 60lbs I'm guessing your BMI is in that range) have a 1290% (yes 1000+%) higher chance of having 16 heath issues that range from high blood pressure to CANCER! Yikes!

The best part about this plan is that the results are predictable, measurable and REPEATABLE. When you start losing 2-3lbs per week consistently - the weight comes off really quickly, and the next thing you know, you're at your goal weight.

Good Luck!

• #22

ana Bacelar (Thursday, 28 May 2015 13:50)

I have IBS Colitis,is it safe for me to do the ideal protein ??? Need to loose around 60 pounds....and is the food included on that fee of 399?? Or i will pay 399 plus food???

Think you